Distinguished Award for the International Advancement of Psychotherapy
Concurrent with the formation of the International Domain and the International Affairs Committee within the Society, this award was established in 2017 in recognition of individuals who have made distinguished contributions to the international advancement of psychotherapy. Award recipients receive an honorarium of $1,000 and an award certificate from the Society at the Society’s awards ceremony at the APA Annual Convention.
The criteria for receipt of this award are broadly defined as significant and sustained contributions to the international advancement of psychotherapy which is consistent with the international dimension of the Society’s mission, i.e., the Society is an international community of practitioners, scholars, researchers, teachers, health care specialists, and students who are interested in and devoted to the advancement of the practice and science of psychotherapy. Given below are the specific requirements in order to receive the award:
- Membership in the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (including International members who are non-APA Member Affiliates).
- Sustained and significant contributions to the international advancement of psychotherapy in practice, research and/or training in psychotherapy.
- These contributions must be in the international arena and a significant part of the contribution must be within the division OR the contributions should represent a significant collaboration with individuals from the international community and promotes the ideas and practices of that community.
How to Apply
Application materials should include:
- A nomination letter outlining the nominee’s contributions to the international advancement of psychotherapy (self-nominations are welcomed).
- Two or more supporting letters
- A current Curriculum Vitae.
Submit applications to the Frederick Leong (email: email@example.com) by midnight, April 1, 2018. Incomplete or late application packets will not be considered.