Accepting Nominations for the 2017 Election for Board of Directors
The Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (Division 29 of the American Psychological Association) seeks nominations of creative individuals and great leaders! We’d like both new and experienced voices to advance our increasingly important work on behalf of psychotherapy. The SAP Board encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to seek nomination.
Nominate yourself or someone you know to run for office in the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (APA DIVISION 29)
THE OFFICES OPEN FOR ELECTION IN 2017 ARE:
- Domain Representative for Public Interest and Social Justice
- Domain Representative for International Affairs
All persons elected will begin their terms on January 2, 2018
About Domain Representatives:
A Domain Representative is a voting member of the Board of Directors. The open positions will be responsible for initiatives and oversight of the Society’s portfolio in the respective Domains. Candidates should have demonstrated interest, expertise, and investment in the area of their Domain.
The Division’s eligibility criteria for all positions are:
1. Candidates must be Members or Fellows of the division.
2. No member may be an incumbent of more than one elective office.
3. A member may only hold the same elective office for two successive terms.
4. Incumbent members of the Board of Directors are eligible to run for a position on the Board only during their last year of service or upon resignation from their existing office prior to accepting the nomination. A letter of resignation must be sent to the President, with a copy to the Nominations and Elections Chair.
5. All terms are for three years, except President-elect, which is one year (and then proceeds to President for one year and Past President for one year).
The deadline for receipt of all nominations ballots is November 1, 2016.
As per the Society’s bylaws, you may email your nominations to: [email protected]. Please put SAP/DIVISION 29 NOMINATIONS in the subject line of the email. You may also fax your nominations to: 480-854-8966, or mail to Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy, 6557 E. Riverdale St., Mesa, AZ 85215. You can find a paper nominations ballot in the 2016 #3 issue of the Psychotherapy Bulletin.
If you would like to discuss your own interest or any recommendations for nominations, please contact the Society's Chair of Nominations and Elections, Dr. Michael Constantino, [email protected].
Armand Cerbone, Ph.D.
Jeff Zimmerman, Ph.D.
Michael Constantino, Ph.D.
Chair, Nominations & Elections