The purpose of the Professional Practice Domain, along with the Professional Practice Committee, is to facilitate awareness of relevant practice issues to Division 29 members, APA membership, and the public at large. The domain promotes awareness of, as well as provides access to, new theoretical understandings, therapeutic methodologies, and research evidence to inform the professional practice of psychotherapists in delivering relationally attuned, culturally competent, evidence-informed care. The domain also provides high quality and state-of-the-art Continuing Education programs and presentations at the APA Annual Convention to enhance training and education for professionals as well as the public.
Those interested in becoming more involved with the Professional Practice Domain can do so in a myriad of ways:
- Members may wish to submit original articles to:
- the Psychotherapy Bulletin (i.e., “thought pieces”, personal reflections, creative works, or other short articles),
- Psychotherapy, our Division journal,
- the Division 29 website (i.e., Special Features)
- Members can also submit presentations and symposia to the Division's conference program at the annual APA Convention
- Lastly, members can join the Professional Practice Committee if they are interested in promoting the practice of psychotherapy. The Committee encourages students and early career psychotherapists to join. Informal conference calls are held on a bimonthly basis.
- If you are interested in becoming involved or learning more about the Professional Practice Domain, please contact Barbara Vivino at [email protected]