Members, been thinking of getting involved in a leadership position? We have the perfect opportunity for you;
We invite you to take an active role in our division by nominating yourself to join our Publications & Communications Board.
The Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (APA Division 29) seeks nominations and self-nominations for members Society to be considered for a six (6) year appointment (term of office may become shorter upon pending bylaw changes) on the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy’s Publications and Communications Board. The Publications & Communications Board provides oversight and recommends publication policy for the Society’s peer-reviewed journal, Psychotherapy, its newsletter Psychotherapy Bulletin, its e-mail lists, its website (www.societyforpsychotherapy.org), social media, and any other publications or means of communication with the Society’s members, professionals in the field, and the general public that are developed or used.
By actively participating on this board, you will have the opportunity to guide the content, quality, and impact of these essential publications and means of communication. The member selected will be a full-voting member of the Publications and Communications Board. You will be expected to attend at least two meetings per year (held via Zoom, but may be subject to change to one in-person meeting per year) and Zoom meetings/conference calls throughout the term of office. All reasonable expenses incurred for attending meetings are reimbursed by the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy in keeping with its governance reimbursement policies.
To be considered for this appointment, interested individuals must:
1) Be in good standing of the Society and remain so during the term of office
2) Have experience with serving as an ad hoc reviewer or on an editorial board
3) Be able to commit to two meetings per year (currently held via Zoom, but may be subject to change to one in-person meeting per year)
4) Be responsive to emails throughout the time of their appointment in order to strategize and recommend best practices for publications and communications tasks and goals.
Additional desired qualifications that would be considered:
1) Familiarity with search engine optimization
2) Familiarity with social media branding
3) Familiarity with digital marketing (e.g., e-newsletters, branding, listserv management, and online communications and engagement/recruitment)
Both nominations and self-nominations will be accepted. Interested members should forward the following materials:
1) The nominee’s identifying information to include name, degree, contact information to include e-mail address and telephone number.
2) The nominee’s c.v.
3) A brief statement of interest in service on the Publications & Communications Board that includes a description of the nominee’s experience relevant to writing, publishing, editing, and/or experience with social media platforms, web development, listserv management. Additionally, please include a statement of willingness to serve for the full term and to attend all meetings and participate actively.
Please forward all materials to the Chair of the Publications & Communications Board, Dr. Amy Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight on December 15th, 2023.
We look forward to your application.