The Publications Board of the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (SAP) is seeking nominations (including self-nominations) for the position of Associate Editor for Website Content. Candidates should be available to assume the title of incoming Associate Editor as of August 2020 for a three-year term. We are seeking a motivated and savvy individual to join our Internet Team. Experience is not required, as training can be
The Associate Editor for the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy is dedicated to advancing the science, practice, and study of psychotherapy through their online skills and expertise. Our website can be found here: https://societyforpsychotherapy.org/
This position is ideal for an individual who is interested in learning about the process of article reviews typically seen in print format:
- The Associate Editor will gain expertise in reviewing publications and develop relationships with well-known experts in the field of psychotherapy.
- The Associate Editor will be mentored in the process of providing peer reviews and will have opportunities to write their own psychotherapy-related articles for the website.
This position is also ideal for an individual who is interested in learning website
development and design for broadcasting content:
- The Associate Editor will learn about creating and maintaining a website, setting up web pages, and “behind the scenes” website management.The Associate Editor will gain hands-on experience with on how to enhance website reach and marketability to enhance visibility in the community.
- Be a member or fellow of the APA Division 29/SAP
- An earned Masters-level or doctoral-level degree in psychology
- Support the mission of the SAP
Please see below for a detailed description of the Associate Editor’s responsibilities. The Associate Editor for Website Content provides assistance and support to the Internet Editor and the Social Media Consultant. The honorarium is $2,000 per year.
To be considered for the position, please send a letter of interest, a copy of your curriculum vitae with a brief description of relevant experience and skills, and a brief statement of your vision for the Society’s website and online presence. Materials should be submitted to the Search Committee Chair, Robert Hatcher, Ph.D., Publications and Communications Board Chair, email@example.com and Editor, Kourtney Schroeder, firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries about the search should be addressed to Robert Hatcher, and inquiries about the work of the Associate Editor may be addressed to him or to the incumbent Editor, Kourtney Schroeder, email@example.com
Associate Editor Duties
The Associate Editor provides assistance and support to the Internet Editor, especially on matters of content, technology, and works with the Social Media Consultant.
Description of Commitment
- 3-year term, beginning August 2020
- 8-10 hours per week
- $2000 per year
Minimum Desired Website-related Skills and Knowledge
Website Content Management System
- Familiarity with web authoring platforms (i.e., WordPress) and scheduling platforms (e.g., CoSchedule)
Website and Social Analytics
- Familiarity with use and purpose of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) concepts
- Familiarity with Mailchimp
***Experience with these platforms is not required, as training can be provided
Technical and User Experience
Monitor and Assess User Experience Effectiveness
- Perform monthly reviews of website analytics data.
- Address technological problems
- Minor problems to be directly handled by Internet Editor
- Significant problems referred to web developer
- Assist in creating a mid-year and year-end report of the activities of the Internet
Digital Content Strategy
- Assist in the implementation of editorial procedures to support reader engagement
- Assist in the implementation of strategy to build relationships with potential contributors for original featured content
- Assist in the implementation of strategy to incentivize submission of original
content from Society members
- Secure website-only content by:
- Working with our sister publication, Psychotherapy (an APA journal).
- Working with our sister publication, Psychotherapy Bulletin.
- Connect with authors, professionals, etc. for web-only content. Past
avenues have been: APA Convention, professors and colleagues, Board
Promote Printed Society Publications
- Actively partner with the Psychotherapy Editor to promote recent volumes, special issues, notable articles, and trending topics
- Actively partner with the Psychotherapy Bulletin Editor to promote recent volumes and publish relevant articles on the Society website
- Develop and disseminate eNewsletter and eBulletin quarterly
Assist with Growing the Society
- Support increase of Society membership
- Support increased consumption of Society publications.
- Aim to increase involvement of graduate students and ECPs
To discuss the position further and to learn more about it, interested members are encouraged to contact the current Editor, Kourtney Schroeder, at firstname.lastname@example.org