The Publications Board of the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (SAP) is seeking nominations (including self-nominations) for the position of Social Media Consultant. Candidates should be available to assume the title of incoming Social Media Consultant as of August 2020 for a one-year term. We are seeking a motivated and savvy individual to join our Internet Team. Experience is not required, as training can be provided.
The Social Media Consultant for the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy is dedicated to advancing the science, practice, and study of psychotherapy through their online and social media skills and expertise. Our website can be found here: https://societyforpsychotherapy.org/
This position is also ideal for an individual who is interested in learning website development and design and social media strategies for broadcasting content:
- The Social Media Consultant will learn about creating and maintaining a website, setting up web pages, and “behind the scenes” website management.
- The Social Media Consultant will gain hands-on experience with on how to enhance website reach and marketability and creating social media posts to enhance visibility in the community.
- Be a member or fellow of the APA Division 29/SAP
- An earned Masters-level or doctoral-level degree in psychology
- Support the mission of the SAP
Please see below for a detailed description of the Social Media Consultant’s responsibilities. The Social Media Consultant provides assistance and support to the Internet Editor and the Associate Editor for Website Content. The honorarium is $1,500 per year.
To be considered for the position, please send a letter of interest, a copy of your curriculum vitae with a brief description of relevant experience and skills, and a brief statement of your vision for the Society’s website and online presence. Materials should be submitted to the Search Committee Chair: Robert Hatcher, Ph.D., Publications and Communications Board Chair, email@example.com. Inquiries about the search should be addressed to Robert Hatcher, and inquiries about the work of the Associate Editor may be addressed to him or to the incumbent Editor, Kourtney Schroeder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Consultant Duties
The Social Media Consultant provides assistance and support to the Internet Editor and Associate Editor, especially on matters of social media, marketing, and technology.
Description of Commitment
- 1-year term, beginning June 2020
- 8-10 hours per week
- $1,500 per year
Minimum Desired Website-related Skills and Knowledge
Website Content Management System
- Familiarity with web authoring platforms (i.e., WordPress) and social media scheduling platforms (e.g., CoSchedule)
Website and Social Analytics
- Familiarity with use and purpose of Google Analytics
- Familiarity with use and purpose of Facebook Insights
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) concepts
- Familiarity with Mailchimp
***Experience with these platforms is not required, as training can be provided
Technical and User Experience
Monitor and Assess User Experience Effectiveness
- Perform monthly reviews of social media analytics data.
- Address technological problems
- Minor problems to be directly handled by Internet Editor
- Significant problems referred to web developer
- Assist in creating a mid-year and year-end report of the activities of the Internet
Digital Content Strategy
- Assist in the implementation of editorial procedures to support reader engagement
Social Media Strategy
- Develop and oversee the implementation of strategy for communication with members and prospective members via social media (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN)
Assist with Growing the Society
- Support increase of Society membership
- Support increased consumption of Society publications.
- Aim to increase involvement of graduate students and ECPs
To discuss the position further and to learn more about it, interested members are encouraged to contact the current Editor, Kourtney Schroeder, at email@example.com