The Publications Board of the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (SAP) is seeking nominations (including self-nominations) for the position of Social Media Coordinator. Candidates should be available to assume the title of incoming Social Media Coordinator as of January 2023 for a one-year term. We are seeking a motivated and savvy individual to join our Internet Team. Experience is not required, as training can be provided.
The Social Media Coordinator for the Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy is dedicated to advancing the science, practice, and study of psychotherapy through their online and social media skills and expertise.
This position is also ideal for an individual who is interested in learning website development and design and social media strategies for broadcasting content:
- The Social Media Coordinator will learn about creating and maintaining a website, setting up web pages, and “behind the scenes” website management.
- The Social Media Coordinator will gain hands-on experience with on how to enhance website reach and marketability and create social media posts to enhance visibility in the community.
- Be a member or fellow of the APA Division 29/SAP
- An earned Masters-level or doctoral-level degree in psychology
- Support the mission of the SAP
Please see below for a detailed description of the Social Media Coordinator’s responsibilities. The Social Media Coordinator provides assistance and support to the Internet Editor and the Associate Editor for Website Content. The honorarium is $2,000 per year.
To be considered for the position, please send:
- a letter of interest including a description of relevant experiences and skills, as well as a brief statement of your vision for the Society’s website content and online presence
- a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV)
Materials should be submitted to both Terence Tracey, Ph.D., Publications and Communications Board Chair, Terence.Tracey@asu.edu, and Kourtney Schroeder, Psy.D., Internet Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is May 1, 2022.
Social Media Coordinator Duties
The Social Media Coordinator provides assistance and support to the Internet Editor and Associate Editor, especially on matters of social media, marketing, and technology.
Description of Commitment
- 1-year term, beginning January 2023
- Serve for up to three years, and reappointed each year
- 8-10 hours per week
- $2,000 per year
Minimum Desired Website-related Skills and Knowledge
Website Content Management System
- Familiarity with web authoring platforms (i.e., WordPress) and social media scheduling platforms (e.g., CoSchedule)
Social Media Analytics
- Familiarity with use and purpose of Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) concepts
***Experience with these platforms is not required, as training can be provided
TECHNICAL AND USER EXPERIENCE IN SUPPORT OF THE INTERNET EDITOR
Monitor and Assess User Experience Effectiveness
- Perform monthly reviews of social media analytics data
- Address technological problems
- Minor problems to be directly handled by Editor and significant problems referred to web developer
- Assist in creating a mid-year and year-end report of the activities of the Internet committee
Digital Content Strategy
- Assist in the implementation of editorial procedures to support reader engagement
Social Media Strategy
- Develop and oversee the implementation of strategy for communication with members and prospective members via social media
Assist with Growing the Society