Dear SAP (Division 29) Colleague:
The Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (APA Division of Psychotherapy, 29) seeks nominations of creative individuals and great leaders! We would like both new and experienced voices to advance our increasingly important work on behalf of psychotherapy. The SAP Board encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to seek nomination.
NOMINATE YOURSELF OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW TO RUN FOR OFFICE IN SOCIETY FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF PSYCHOTHERAPY (APA DIVISION 29)
The Offices Open for Election in 2020 Are:
- Domain Representative for Public Interest and Social Justice
- Domain Representative for International Affairs
All persons elected will begin their terms on January 2, 2021
A Domain Representative is a voting member of the Board of Directors. The open positions will be responsible for initiatives and oversight of the Society’s portfolio in the respective Domains. Candidates should have demonstrated interest, expertise, and investment in the area of their Domain.
The Society’s Eligibility Criteria for All Positions Are:
- Candidates must be Members or Fellows of the Society.
- No member may be an incumbent of more than one elective office.
- A member may only hold the same elective office for two successive terms.
- Incumbent members of the Board of Directors are eligible to run for a position on the Board only during their last year of service or upon resignation from their existing office prior to accepting the nomination. A letter of resignation must be sent to the President, with a copy to the Nominations and Elections Chair.
- All terms are for three years, except President-elect, which is one year (and then proceeds to President for one year and Past President for one year).
The deadline for receipt of all nominations ballots is December 31, 2019.
As per the Society’s Bylaws, you may email your nominations to: [email protected]. Please put SAP/DIVISION 29 NOMINATIONS in the subject line the email. You may also mail your nominations to Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy, 6557 E. Riverdale St., Mesa, AZ 85215.
If you would like to discuss your own interest or any recommendations for nominations, please contact the Society’s Chair of Nominations and Elections, Dr. Gary R. VandenBos at [email protected]
Nancy Murdock, PhD
Jennifer Callahan, PhD
Gary R. VandenBos, PhD
Chair, Nominations & Elections