Free Student Memberships 2022
The Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (APA Division 29) is offering a FREE 2022 student membership to 300 graduate students. Please let the students in your program know about this opportunity!
The memberships will be for the calendar year 2022, and are digital-access. Students must be enrolled in graduate courses in psychology or in a post-baccalaureate program in psychology.
For continuing students, this will be offered for up to 3 years.
How to Take Advantage of This Offer:
WHAT YOU GET:
- Free membership to the Society for up to three years while a student (must reapply each year).
- A total number of 300 student members per year will receive free membership upon application.
- Free digital copy of the quarterly, peer reviewed journal Psychotherapy.
- Digital access to the Bulletin and opportunity to publish in the Bulletin.
- Access to the division’s listservs, one of which is dedicated to students.
- Ability to apply for grants and awards, many of which come with a monetary award (see full list below).
- Opportunity to be part of special area standing Committees (e.g., Diversity, Social Justice and Public Policy, Education and Training, Science and Scholarship, Professional Practice, Membership, International, Early Career, Student Development).
HOW TO APPLY FOR FREE MEMBERSHIP:
- Access the website’s Membership link https://societyforpsychotherapy.org/membership-application/
- Complete the application
- When you “go to pay” – enter STUDENT22 in the coupon section
- Upon approval of your application, you will receive a notification that your membership has been activated.
- While you continue to be a student, you are eligible for up to three years, however, you must reapply each year.
*Please note that only 300 free student memberships are available for each year and these are awarded on a first come basis.
Update: The free student membership availability has reached the limit. Please try again next year!
Resources and Opportunities
Student development committee and access to student listserv
Student Paper Awards
Donald K. Freedheim Student Development Paper Award
Mathilda B. Canter Education and Training Paper Award
Jeffrey E. Barnett Psychotherapy Research Paper Award
Student Excellence in Practice Award
Student Excellence in Teaching-Mentorship Award
APA Convention Student Poster Award
Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy Diversity Research Grant for Pre-Doctoral Candidates
Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy International Research Grant for Students and Early Career Professionals